- Project Name: LNG to Corsica / Alternate FSRU
- Country: France
- Project Location Within Country: Ajaccio and Bastia
- Name of Client: EDF PEI (Production Electrique Insulaire)
- Start Date: April 2011
- Completion Date: August 2011
- Name of Associated Firm: SOGREAH
Detailed Narrative Description of Project & Services Provided
SOFREGAZ signed a contract in March 2011 with EDF PEI for a feasibility study referring to LNG supply through an offshore installation.
Such installation aimed principally to supply gas to 2 gas power plants in Corsica, one in Ajaccio and one in Bastia.
SOFREGAZ had to define, among others:
- Required ships to ensure LNG supply,
- Offshore FSRU (Floating Storage Regasification Unit) terminals implantations and characteristics,
- Characteristics of the pipeline liaising FSRU/onshore network,
- Investment cost and associated schedule.
An additional note, presenting additional possible alternatives to supply LNG to Corsica, has also been provided to EDF PEI.